- Now Donald Trump claims he saved Ted Cruz’s life at the Republican National Convention by walking into public view as Cruz’s speech ended. Is there no limit to what this super man can do?
- The Trump campaign produced a short video touting the amount of applause Trump received during his speech on Thursday night, which serves a further evidence he’s a Class A narcissist:
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 24, 2016
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz won’t speak at the national convention, a consequence of the WikiLeaks dump of DNC emails showing the primary process was rigged to favor Hillary Clinton. Later Wasserman Schultz said she’s resigning, effective at the end of the convention. Hillary Clinton immediately turned around and gave Wasserman Schultz a job on her campaign. A reminder: The DNC email hacking was a Russian operation.
- The International Olympic Committee decided not to ban all Russian athletes from the Rio Olympics, but individual Russian athletes will have to prove they’re clean before they can compete.
- Turkey’s government says it will shut down all Gulen-linked companies.
- An ISIS suicide bomber attacked a security checkpoint at the entrance to a Shiite neighborhood in Baghdad, killing at least 21 people and injuring more than 35.
- A Syrian refugee murdered a pregnant woman with a machete in southern Germany. He injured two other people before someone ran him over with a BMW.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party now has a majority in the Upper House after they persuaded an independent member to join the party.