- Mollie Hemingway wrote a guide to the Planned Parenthood videos released by the Center for Medical Progress, which is especially helpful since Planned Parenthood, the media, and the Democrats deny the videos exist.
- Hillary Clinton supports abortion up to the moment of natural birth.
- Sidney Blumenthal ran a private intelligence gathering operation for Hillary Clinton while she was Secretary of State, and one of Blumenthal’s operatives was a former CIA officer named Tyler Drumheller. Drumheller was working for Clinton/Blumenthal at the same time he was working as a consultant to CBS News – where he reportedly helped shape CBS’s Benghazi coverage. It’s Potemkin villages, all the way down.
- Victor Davis Hanson explains President Obama’s philosophy of redistribution applied to foreign policy:
Obama sees the rest of the world as he does the United States — and thus in need of a redistribution in power that will bring greater fairness to the planet. Accordingly, under current U.S. foreign policy, the desire for supposed equality trumps most considerations of human rights, values, consensual government, and our own national interest.
He concludes with this:
In sum, U.S. foreign policy has become something like Obamacare, immigration law, or the deficit. Obama stirs things up, speaks truth to power, champions the dispossessed, seems bewildered at the ensuing mess, then gradually disconnects from the growing chaos, but seems smug nonetheless over the fact that something — what exactly he doesn’t know or care — is at last in play. Forward we go to the next injustice, ripe for chaos and thus hope and change.
- Rand Paul attacked Ted Cruz’s confrontational tactics in the U.S. Senate, saying that he has a different approach – like endorsing Mitch McConnell for re-election and using his personal relationship with McConnell to accomplish…absolutely nothing. Good to know.
- Richard Epstein examines Pope Francis’ statements on violence, the environment, and markets:
President Obama’s lack of resolve has neutralized American military superiority, encouraged Putin to back the tyrant Assad in Syria, and let the Islamic State wreak havoc. Constant bromides about the need for “cooperating generously for the common good” is a recipe for standing passively to one side as a worldwide disaster plays out. The Pope’s musings, like Obama’s, mask a weak form of moral relativism that encourages the enemies of human liberty and human dignity and abandons its friends.
- Mark Steyn wrote a firsthand account of how Middle Eastern refugees/migrants arrive in Sweden.
- The U.S. has been shipping Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs) to the Kurds without their side armor installed, leaving them vulnerable to RPGs. The Obama administration is apparently concerned that the (presumably sophisticated) side armor could end up in Iranian hands, so they’re leaving it off. Unfortunately ISIS has acquired RPGs from Syrian armories that can easily destroy MRAPs lacking side armor.